You are currently browsing the monthly archive for January 2011.
Quick entry. We just returned from a trip to Hawaii with Son #1 and wife. We had a wonderful time away from the gray and rain of Portland. I had gotten a bag of macadamia nuts to snack on but had a lot left over, hence the cookies
This recipe is from Allrecipes with a tweek, one of my favorite sites for recipes. These cookies were so yummy I wasn’t even able to get a picture before we gobbled them up. I highly recommend these!!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies-Makes 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (I used more like rounded tablespoons) onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.